Saturday, September 22, 2018

My Story: Reflecting on the Past...As you work on the present...To meet the future

Sitting here thinking of my weight loss time line and thought i will share...preface it with...i have always been over weight. There was never a time when i wasn't. Sometimes it is worth looking where we have been so we know where we are going.
- 140 lbs in grade school, started wearing women's clothes in 4th grade.
- very active with sports but was always the biggest on my team.
- began dieting in 10th grade, got back down to 160 with exercise, wore 14/16 throughout high school, thought i was huge....big dummy!
- started gaining weight in college 1993 and got up to 240 wearing 20s.
- graduated college at 260 and stayed between 260-280 size 22/24. Meet Chris 2005 and had kids at this size.
- After 4 pregnancies in 4 years 2004 to 2008, got up to 290-310, size 26/28
- June 2010 started weight loss surgery process and had gastric vertical sleeve dec 2010
- went from 297 to 210 with sleeve from 2010 to 2012.
- 2013 started back with bad habits, tired of losing hair and protein shakes, hated dr appts, started getting bigger.
- anti diets and weight loss, started gaining weight and got up to my highest 395 in 2018. Wearing a tight 5x 34/36.
- no medical issues, no medications but having a lot of pain, couldn't get out of bed without pain, hubby rubbing my back daily so i could move.
- March 12th started Weight Watchers. It was time to take control. Needed to find something that i can do for the rest of my life. This is do or die for me.
- have lost almost 90 lbs in 6 months just by eating healthy, eating the right portion size, just stopped drinking pop and started drinking water.
- goal wt is 195, a loss of 200lbs
So this is me in a nutshell. I have to say there is a switch that clicked in my head, for the first time i have not cheated once, my whole outlook on food has changed. I really believe this is a God thing. And i hope this inspires you to look at the past, then let it go and live new starting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment