Saturday, September 29, 2018

Is there a Magic Pill?!?!

I think I have said this 1000 of times since I began, but it is truth! If you are looking for the magic pill, shake, program, surgery, exercises, etc...STOP LOOKING!!! There is NO magic anything that you can do that will make you lose the weight. Now, you can use these as TOOLS to get you to your goal of weight loss but as soon as you stop, you WILL gain the weight back. If you are reading this, chances are you are overweight or know someone close to you that is. We are all looking for that magic pill. I know I was! I went as far as weight loss surgery for my magic pill. Unfortunately, I am not a surgery success story, heck I was not a success weight loss anything. That's why I started my journey at 395 lbs. Do you know how many times I have tried to lose weight? How many programs like Atkins, meal plans, drinks, exercise programs? I sat down and started listing them all. I came up with 13, wow! That is a lot! So if any of these tools worked for you, then awesome! But please be aware of the fact... if you stop, you have a 95-98% of gaining back your weight plus some within the first 2 years. That is the average that I came up with when looking at a million of studies. Heck I lived it! Man I feel like a Debbie Downer... sorry. But I had to face this truth and get real with myself. With my weight loss surgery, I started at 315lbs and had to lose 20lbs to even get the surgery. So I had surgery at 295 (the weight I am now...again), I lost 80 lbs with my lowest being around 210 ( that lasted for a week). I maintained a 220-230 weight for 6 months. Then it just started changing, the weight started creeping up, and I was on a roller coaster that I couldn't stop. By the time I hit 300lbs again after 2 years, I gave up. I started just living life while ignoring the damage I was doing to my body. And I did that for the next 5 years... until a switch in my brain turned on and enough was enough. That is the secret!!! What secret Sandy, you ask. Its the SWITCH!!!! You know the one in the brain that flips on and all that useless weight loss knowledge comes flooding in. You know all the eye rolling you did when someone mentioned... low fat, protein, low carbs, sugar free, 1200-1500 calories, vegetables, fruit, sleep, drink your water and the worse one of all....EXERCISE!!!! I swear that word is evil, at least I thought it was. It the little changes you start to make in your diet and your activity. You make a little change and when you master that, you make another change and another and another. Before you know it, you go from 395 lbs to 291 lbs in 7 months, You are becoming HEALTHY!!! I never ever though I would say I could be healthy. But I can! I have a healthy diet, I drink water and not my Diet Dr Pepper addiction drink, I stated exercising at a GYM, in front of people for an hour, 3-4 times a week.... what the heck?!?!?! You might say how will this work? You said no magic pill, exercise, program! Your right! Its NOT magic. It is hard work, dedication, proper diet and daily calories for my body, exercises, drinking water and getting enough sleep. Its all the eye rolling stuff that as an morbidly obese person HATES to hear. But it is what works. Here is the kicker though... If I stop any of it...I WILL GAIN THE WEIGHT BACK! And there it is... ITS ONE DAY AT A TIME, ONE MEAL AT A TIME! Its not me dieting, but me LIVING on the journey to health. This is my life until the day I go to be with the Lord (then I get a new body, lol). If I can do this, so can you. I am nothing extra special. I am just running my journey and we can do it together. How? By supporting one another, by posting our victories, our discouragement and trials. We can do this and succeed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment