Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Weight Loss = Changes! Get ready!

Can we get real ladies...
Weight Loss = Changes! Get ready!

The changes come in diet, activity, motivation, size, inches, family dynamics, appearance, etc...
So let's go over some of them.
Diet- let's face it, if we are overweight that means we either ate more than our bodies needed, have medical issues that we may need Dr supervision for or genetically our bodies are preconditioned to retain wt/slow metabolism/etc. What ever the cause, we need take the choice to change it either by going to the Dr, dieting, researching to find what healthy choice you can make. But you have tp make the choice to change. Only you can make the choice...there is power in your choice!
Activity- believe me, I KNOW IT IT IS HARD TO EXERCISE. You are talking to the anti exercise girl here. Exercise might as well be a 4 letter bad word to me. BUT I had to make the choice to start moving. I had to choose to go to the gym to sign up. I have to choose to get in the car, drive there, feel uncomfortable and sweat. But can i let you in on a secret? Its only been 2 weeks and I am already planning my day tomorrow so I can go before work. I mean come on, everyone that knows me knows this has to be a God thing to make me exercise! Bit I am doing it. I am making the choice to move!
Getting real...I had to lose 100 lbs before i could move without pain to exercise. So yeah,I had to lose weight to be able to exercise to lose weight!
Family Dynamics- this was an eye opener for me. With my choice to get healthy, I am realizing how much I have missed out in with the family. I was the picture taking mom that sat on the sidelines. With losing weight, I have been able to walk 6 miles (with rests) at the county fair, go to the mall with the kids (haven't been to the mall in 3 years), met other moms at school without embarrassment have a cleaner house, heck even discipline the kiddos. I think I scared them one day when they turned around and I was there instead of just yelling from down stairs, mwahaha!
Appearance- You lose weight, you will look different, after a while people will notice, but you won't or at least not as easily. My big tips to take pictures. When you look in the mirror, all you see are your flaws not the 100 lbs you lost. Oh wait that me! But really, when I take picture and compare them, I see the changes and that motivates me. Other things change, one is clothing choices. You can get rid of the baggy, big print clothes. Neck you can even get to pick your clothes and not just buy that shirt because it hides your fat even though you really don't like it. How about this one.... Skin! You cant lose 100lns without some kind of loose skin. My advice get body shape wear like a girdle, spanks or torsette. It makes a big difference when all the loose bits are tucked in and supported... Bye bye back rolls.

Ok to wrap this up. You lose the weight, expect your life to change. Embrace that change. There is power in the change.


No comments:

Post a Comment